We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Baptist Health Medical Center (BHMC), accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), is a leading medical facility in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. In 1981, it formed a part of Baptist Health – the state’s most comprehensive healthcare system.Baptist Health Medical Center is exclusively dedicated to providing quality healthcare services to the residents of southwest Arkansas. A 24-hour chest pain center and a special care unit are available.Other areas of specialization include internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, general surgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition, Baptist Health Medical Center strives to provide excellent home health, diagnostic, rehabilitation therapy and respiratory care services.The Delicious Deliveries program at BHMC is committed to delivering delicious meals to the rural and elderly residents in more than 40 Arkansas counties. The hospital’s LifeLine is a trusted personal emergency system for seniors and physically challenged citizens.Baptist Health Medical Center operates a Mobile Health Unit to reach out to the needy, as well. Paramedic ambulance service is also provided.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is an academic medical center located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina which is part of Charlotte-based Atrium Health. It is the largest employer in Forsyth County with more than 13,440 employees and a total of 198 buildings on 428 acres. The entity includes:
- Wake Forest Baptist Health, its clinical enterprise
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, its teaching and research arm
- Wake Forest Innovations, an operating division involved with partnerships, education, licensing and start-ups.
The medical center is ranked for 2015-16 by U.S. News & World Report as among the nation's best hospitals in seven areas: Cancer, Ear, Nose & Throat, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Pulmonology and Urology. It is ranked as high performing in five additional adult specialties: Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Gynecology and Orthopedics. Brenner Children's Hospital, a 144-bed "hospital within a hospital" at the medical center, is nationally ranked in Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.  Wake Forest provides a variety of medical services. It affiliates with multiple local medical centers for children and adults.
Medical Office Packets
From the Office of Drs. Beauerle, Briley, Dobozi, Greenwell, Heine, Kaplan and Landes
Please download the registration and health information form below. Please complete these forms in full and sign and date where necessary. Please send these forms along with a copy of the front and back of your insurance card to the address indicated.
From the Office of Dr. John Oldham, Jr.
In order to best meet our patients' needs, we are providing paperwork for your upcoming appointment. Please download your new patient bariatric surgery packet below, and complete the forms in full, signing and dating where necessary.
Doctor Oklahoma Podcast – Episode 13: COVID-19 and how it relates to Kawasaki Disease
We discuss how INTEGRIS Children’s protects pediatric patients from COVID-19 with INTEGRIS Children’s Pediatric Hospitalist Steven Nye, M.D.
Connections: Episode 1
The first episode in our new monthly series, Connections, features the story of Midwest City Firefighter Rex McGee and the simple test that saved his life.
Healthcare Services & Specialties
Baptist Medical Center South is known for outstanding cardiovascular, orthopaedic, neurology and surgical services. Additionally, the hospital offers a variety of specialized services for patients of all ages, including:
- Behavioral Health Facility: providing psychiatric services in a safe and empowering setting
- Chest Pain Center: located within the emergency department to provide rapid response care for cardiac events
- Family-Centered Maternity Care: making the birthing experience as special as it should be
- Regional NICU: offering specialized, around-the-clock for premature and critically ill newborns
- Sleep Disorders Center: accredited facility to diagnose and treat sleep apnea, insomnia and other disruptive conditions
- Hospice Care:offering a comprehensive plan of care to allow patients and their families to add more life to every day
Baptist Health, Arkansas’s largest healthcare system, has hospital campuses in communities around Arkansas, including Little Rock (Pulaski County), North Little Rock (Pulaski County), Arkadelphia (Clark County), Stuttgart (Arkansas County), Conway (Faulkner County), and Heber Springs (Cleburne County). In addition to its medical centers, it also operates therapy centers, physician clinics, a retirement village, and a school of nursing and allied health.
Baptist Health began in 1919 when the Arkansas Baptist State Convention voted to create a modern scientific hospital in Little Rock. The Baptist State Hospital opened with seventy-five beds in November 1920. In its first year of operation, the hospital treated 1,026 patients. Dr. J. S. Rogers was appointed superintendent of the hospital. The Baptist Health School of Nursing also began in 1920 and graduated its first class in 1921.
In 1921, construction began on a 300-bed, five-story brick building, which was formally opened on January 1, 1925. In December 1945, Baptist established the first eye bank in Arkansas and initiated a cornea transplant program. In October 1946, John Gilbreath was named administrator, and one of his first major accomplishments was the establishment of a hospital and medical insurance program. The year ended with the name of the hospital changing from Baptist State Hospital to Arkansas Baptist Hospital.
In 1954, Baptist became the first hospital in Little Rock to employ African-American doctors. In 1955, Arkansas Baptist Hospital became the first hospital in the state to initiate a hostess program, which provided a full-time hostess to assist patients and their families. On April 12, 1961, the world’s first open-heart surgery in a private hospital was performed at Baptist. Later that year, a new heart catheterization lab was established, and the first intensive care unit (ICU) in Arkansas was opened.
On January 28, 1962, the hospital opened Memorial Hospital, a 118-bed facility, in North Little Rock. In 1965, Arkansas Baptist Hospital’s name was changed to Arkansas Baptist Medical Center. The following year, trustees recommended that the hospital be transferred to a private, not-for-profit corporation, the membership of which was to come from among members of Arkansas Baptist State Convention churches, so that the hospital might receive federal funds without violating the convention’s principle of separation of church and state. Late in 1968, the Arkansas Baptist Medical Center System was formed, and in September 1969, the word “Arkansas” was dropped from the name of the flagship hospital of the new system, which became Baptist Medical Center.
In July 1970, the system acquired a 213-acre tract of land now in western Little Rock for expansion, and groundbreaking ceremonies were held there in June 1971 for a new 534-bed facility that is now Baptist Medical Center, while the downtown facility’s name was changed to Central Baptist Hospital. The January 12, 1974, grand opening ceremonies for the new center included a dedication speech by then U.S. vice president Gerald Ford.
In 1981, Baptist Medical Center System expanded its outreach when it entered into a lease agreement to operate Twin Rivers Medical Center and Clark County Nursing Home in Arkadelphia. On July 8, 1982, the board of trustees incorporated Parkway Village to provide continuing care for senior citizens. The first residents moved into Parkway Village on May 5, 1985. On January 1, 1983, Baptist Medical System moved all acute-care services from Central Baptist Hospital to Baptist Medical Center, using the older hospital building for several years as a rehabilitation center. In 1995, the system shortened its name to Baptist Health.
On November 1, 1996, Baptist Health added its fifth hospital to the system, Baptist Health Medical Center–Heber Springs. Eventually, a new hospital was constructed due to the growth of the community at a new location on the Highway 25 bypass and was dedicated on June 19, 2007. In November 1999, Baptist Health Memorial Medical Center moved into its new facility located at 3333 Springhill Drive in North Little Rock, with the official dedication ceremony on October 24, 1999, and in June 2000, it changed its name to Baptist Health Medical Center–North Little Rock
In 2008, Baptist Health Extended Care Hospital, located on the tenth floor of Baptist Health Medical Center–Little Rock, became the system’s sixth hospital. Also in 2008, Stuttgart Regional Medical Center was acquired and renamed the Baptist Health Medical Center–Stuttgart in January 2009, becoming the system’s seventh hospital. In 2008, Baptist Health bought the recently closed Southwest Regional Medical Center in Little Rock renamed Baptist Health Southwest Campus–Little Rock, the facility offers therapy and other services.
The Baptist Health system offers healthcare services at more than 130 access points throughout the state. In November 2013, Baptist Health announced a partnership with Hot Spring County Medical Center in Malvern (Hot Spring County), as well as the construction of a 100-bed hospital in Conway, which opened in 2016. In 2014, the Little Rock campus was named after Russell D. Harrington Jr., who had served as president and CEO.
In 2015, the Baptist Health School of Nursing became Baptist Health College Little Rock, which grants associate degrees in nursing.
For additional information:
Baptist Health. http://www.baptist-health.com/ (accessed April 12, 2021).
“Baptist Hospital Opened Formally,” Arkansas Gazette, January 2, 1925, p. 7.
“First Baptist Unit Required 5 Years to Finance in ’20.” Arkansas Gazette, January 13, 1974, p. 4A.
The 1940s marked a period of growth and change for Sylacauga and its surrounding communities. More people were moving to the area, due in part to the construction nearby of a munitions plant that coincided with America’s involvement in the second World War. For years, the absence of a regional medical center meant long trips to distant facilities for surgery and other health care needs. The time had come to bring those services closer to home: the collective efforts of community leaders and concerned citizens made it happen. On April 1, 1945 Sylacauga Hospital opened its doors with the distinction of being the only non-military hospital built in the U.S. during World War II.
The city continued to grow and so did Sylacauga Hospital. Three major additions were made to the original facility between 1963 and 1980. As its service area began to expand, Sylacauga Hospital changed its name to Coosa Valley Medical Center, a more-than-symbolic reflection of consistent growth. In 1995, the facility was purchased by Baptist Health System but returned to local ownership in August of 2004. A new energy began to emerge within the walls of CVMC and throughout the community. The facility had come full circle and big plans were in the works, including the revival of a project that had been waiting in the wings for years our new inpatient facility, the West Wing.
Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved. Coosa Valley Medical Center
315 W. Hickory Street, Sylacauga, AL 35150
Integris Health was created in 1983 in order to serve as the parent corporation for, and to provide management and administrative support to, Integris Baptist Medical Center Inc.  However, the network of hospitals that now comprises Integris Health was born out of a series of Oklahoma healthcare providers merging over the span of three years from 1992 to 1995, with additional hospitals brought onboard later.
Integris's roots can be traced back to 1910 when a six bedroom home in Enid, Oklahoma was transformed into Bass Baptist Health Center, a hospital that would eventually fall under the Integris name.  Nine years later, Baptist Regional Health Center opened to serve the needs of lead and zinc miners.
Modern day Integris began in 1946 when Dr. Andrew Potter and Dr. T. B. Lackey, both of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, first proposed opening a Baptist hospital in Oklahoma City. On the Easter Sunday of 1959 this proposition came to fruition when Baptist Memorial Hospital opened its 200-bed facility in Oklahoma City. Sometimes called the "Hospital on the hill," Baptist Memorial Hospital sat atop an elevated area of land with little around it. Later, in 1965, South Community Hospital opened after hosting a fund drive to raise the money necessary to build.
In 1972 Baptist Memorial Hospital was renamed Baptist Medical Center. Six years later, in 1978, ownership of Baptist Medical Center was transferred from the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma to the Oklahoma Healthcare Corporation. Then, in 1992, South Community Hospital changed its name to Southwest Medical Center. Two years later the first of several mergers occurred, with Oklahoma Healthcare Corporation joining with Baptist Healthcare of Oklahoma to form Oklahoma Health System. The next year, in 1995, Southwest Medical Center merged with Oklahoma Health Systems and the new organization was renamed Integris Health.
Over the next few years Integris grew to encompass several regional hospitals. In 2001 Integris built their first hospital under the new name, adding Canadian Valley Hospital in Yukon, Oklahoma.  In 2009 Integris created a partnership with ProCure Proton Therapy Center to create the Integris Cancer Institute of Oklahoma, a facility that is one of only 14 in the county to offer proton therapy.  In 2011, Integris Health Edmond was opened  and in 2013 Integris became the majority owner of Lakeside Women's Hospital, greatly increasing their women's services.  Later in 2013, Integris became a preferred clinical affiliate of Access Medical Centers, offering patients an urgent care alternative to the emergency room. 
In 2014 Integris launched an online video platform, integrishealth.tv, to provide a place for patients and family members to learn about their services and educate the community about health issues. 
Integris Health has partnered with the National Basketball Association (NBA)'s Oklahoma City Thunder and serves as the Thunder's official health care provider.  As part of the partnership, the hospital also sponsors the Thunder's practice facility, which is known as the INTEGRIS Health Thunder Development Center. Construction for the practice facility was completed prior to the Thunder's 2011–12 season.  
Cancer Institute Edit
INTEGRIS Cancer Institute, is one of the seven comprehensive cancer treatment centers in the United States, currently providing both conventional radiation therapy and proton therapy.  ICI Proton Campus, including the ProCure Proton Therapy Center, at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.   ICIO offers the first  Brainlab radiosurgery system to Oklahoma implementing with Varian Novalis Tx.  ICIO serves more than 3.6 million people in the Southwest area, mainly Oklahoma,   and residents from North Texas, Kansas, and Arkansas.
- First to install cochlear implants in both adults and children and first double cochlear implant. 
- First heart transplant. 
- First in vitro fertilization baby. 
In January 1993 Integris opened a free, all volunteer healthcare clinic to provide healthcare to the un- and underinsured residents of Oklahoma.  In 1995 Integris also created the Basic Education Empowerment Program (BEEP) to help at-risk youths turn their lives around.  In July 2000 Integris took the unusual step of opening a charter elementary school, by transforming the struggling Western Village Academy into the Stanley Hupfeld Academy. 
OUR PARTNERSHIP Expert Cancer Care Close to Home
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is a partnership between Baptist Health, the region’s most preferred health care provider, and MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the world’s largest and most respected cancer centers.
Founded in 1941, MD Anderson pioneered the concept of multidisciplinary cancer care and is ranked as one of the top cancer centers in America. Physicians at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson in Houston are clinically and operationally integrated to deliver the most innovative care and better serve patients and their families close to home.
Together, we’re not just treating cancer – we’re on a mission to defeat it.
Brookwood Baptist Health
Brookwood Baptist Health (formerly Baptist Health System) is a family of five hospitals and numerous affiliated health centers in the Birmingham area. The system was founded with the establishment of the Birmingham Baptist Hospital (now Princeton Baptist Medical Center) in 1922 as a joint ministry of a group of Baptist churches. The system is now organized as a non-profit corporation whose trustees are appointed by the Birmingham Baptist Association. The president and CEO is Keith Parrott, who succeeded Shane Spees in December 2013.
The organization was headquartered in a 120,000 square foot office building at 3201 4th Avenue South in Birmingham until 2013, when it moved into leased offices in Ridge Park Place at 1130 22nd Street South.
In 1994 Baptist Health System merged its Princeton Healthcare Services and Montclair Medical Clinics to form a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary, Baptist Health Centers, which specializes in managing physician practices. The company owns 38 clinics in north and central Alabama and manages 10 others. In 2003, the system was the largest hospital chain in the state, with 10 facilities. But a money crunch forced a restructuring, and many of the hospitals were sold or spun off.
In October 2005 Baptist Health System sold 65% ownership of its Montclair Baptist Medical Center on Montclair Road in Birmingham to Triad Hospitals of Plano, Texas. That company was sold in July 2007 to Community Health Systems of Brentwood, Tennessee, which renamed it as Trinity Medical Center. BHS sold its remaining 30 percent share of Trinity in June 2008 for an undisclosed amount.
In July 2008, BHS announced plans for a new hospital on an 18-acre site in western Hoover off Alabama Highway 150 near I-459. The proposed Hoover Baptist Medical Center would have taken the place of an existing medical office building in a former Winn-Dixie location. BHS applied to move 140 beds from Princeton, which was licensed for 499 beds but only used 300. BHS stated that it was not abandoning West End, but attempting to bring healthcare services where they were most needed.
In October 2015 Baptist Health System entered into a merger agreement with Tenet Healthcare Corp., owners of Brookwood Medical Center, to form Brookwood Baptist Health, in which BHS took a 40% stake. Before the merger, Baptist Health System was licensed for 1,576 patient beds and served over 36,000 inpatients and more than 370,000 outpatients each year. It employed 4,300 workers, of which 520 were staff physicians.